This time last year, Beckers Hospital Review published a list of the top 10 Challenges Facing Community Hospitals. Unfortunately many of these challenged still plague independent hospitals:
- Lower discounts on supplies.
- Lack of economies of scale.
- Lack of negotiating clout with managed care.
- Increasing compliance costs.
- Lack of high-end service lines to drive profits.
- Limited access to financing.
- Inability to take on risk and drive ACO programs.
- Loss of key physicians to bigger systems.
- Inability to attract leadership.
- Inability to shift resources.
Click to read the full article at Becker’s Hospital Review including commentary from 5 top experts in the field.